- Is there a difference between data providers?
- What questions should we ask data providers when evaluating them?
- What other best practice advice can Mark provide for selecting data providers?
- Is it time for a new role in marketing called the Data Operations Manager?
- What do demand generation priorities look like at various stages of a company lifecycle?
- What’s the tenure of a CMO in a startup versus a more mature organization?
- What are some of the changes Mark’s bringing about at LeadGenius?
Jeff Rummer has been instrumental in helping Medtronic transform from a primarily sales driven culture to a balanced (and aligned) marketing and sales driven business. Jeff’s and his team’s responsibilities include the planning, execution and measurement of all integrated marketing campaigns and digital experiences along with managing and optimizing their marketing technology stack. In this episode, Jeff and I talk about what it takes to be an agent of change and several other insightful topics for you including:
- Jeff's quick rundown of his favorite DemandGen Radio podcasts and why
- What does it mean to be a marketing hero? Does Jeff feel like one given all the transformation that’s taken place at Medtronic?
- What advice would Jeff give his former self knowing what he knows now in marketing operations and change management?
- What is the reason for Medtronic’s expansion into ABM centric demand generation?
In this episode on lead scoring, I teach you another of five principles of successful lead management. I explain everything you need to know about lead scoring so you know whether you should be scoring your leads and how to go about building a scoring model and collaborating with sales in the process:
- Should you be scoring your leads in the first place
- An overview of the various types of scoring models
- What it takes to implement an effective lead scoring system
- How to establish the criteria used in a scoring model
- The benefits of creating a lead scoring task force
- Lead scoring dos and don’ts
- What criteria you can use in an interest model
- The benefits of a multi-dimensional lead rating system
- The role lead scoring plays in changing statuses between inquiries and marketing qualified leads
- How to create service level agreements (SLA) with sales
- Marketing automation and CRM implementation considerations
- The importance of maintaining your lead scoring system
- Whether you should bring in an outside agency to help with the process
Ever wonder why Microsoft bought LinkedIn and what that might mean to the future of CRM? DemandGen Radio host David Lewis has Russell Glass, VP of Products at LinkedIn on the program to ponder that idea and catch up on the latest sales and marketing innovations at LinkedIn.
It was only a few years ago that the need to become “a content marketer” showed up as a priority for demand generation teams. While that priority hasn’t gone away, marketers now face the additional challenge of “creating more engaging content” to rise above all the content noise. There is no better way to do that than by adding video to your marketing mix. What was once a very expensive and time consuming media is now inexpensive and easy. We’ve entered the “Vigital” age for interacting with prospects and buyers. In this episode of DemandGen Radio, David talks with Tyler Lessard, CMO of Vidyard about how to get started in video creation and the benefits of using a platform like Vidyard for creating, publishing, personalizing, and tracking the impact of your video content.