Developing a new product category is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of hard work, fortitude, commitment, and most of all, patience.
In this episode, David interviews Murali Nemani, Chief Marketing Officer at ScienceLogic. Murali has a knack for seeing the world as it is going to be vs. how it is. He shares the strategies he’s used to usher more than five new product categories to the market.
Listen as David and Murali discuss:
- How to determine when it’s time to create a new category.
- Creating market narratives that will reframe your product.
- Advantages of being the first in a new category.
- The importance of having a supportive CEO and team.
Check out the resources mentioned:
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
- Amp It Up
- Episode #235: How to be an Agent of Change in Your Organization
- Episode #239 Talent Acquisition Strategies to Build & Grow Your Team
- Steve Jobs: Think Different
- DemandGen TV