It was only a few years ago that the need to become “a content marketer” showed up as a priority for demand generation teams. While that priority hasn’t gone away, marketers now face the additional challenge of “creating more engaging content” to rise above all the content noise. There is no better way to do that than by adding video to your marketing mix. What was once a very expensive and time consuming media is now inexpensive and easy. We’ve entered the “Vigital” age for interacting with prospects and buyers. In this episode of DemandGen Radio, David talks with Tyler Lessard, CMO of Vidyard about how to get started in video creation and the benefits of using a platform like Vidyard for creating, publishing, personalizing, and tracking the impact of your video content.
Kyle Johnson, Marketing Automation Manager at Thomson Reuters Legal Division, joins David Lewis as they discuss a range of topics that highlight the breadth and depth needed in such a role as Kyle’s and how the marketing operations group functions similar to an IT department within marketing.
- Centralizing versus Decentralizing their Demand Center
- Kyle’s experience with various marketing automation
- Using Marketing Automation as the hub of the customer journey
- How other MarTech tools can be used to expand your marketing automation system’s capabilities
- Why Kyle chose a career in marketing technology
- Kyle’s lead scoring initiative for 2017
- The pros and cons of gated versus un-gated communities
Over the past 30 years, the role of marketers has changed tremendously. In the past decade alone, marketers have evolved from focusing on brand, reach, ad impressions, lead gen, and communications to a far broader set of responsibilities including ecommerce, data analysis, MarTech, and the customer experience. Essentially, CMOs are now Chief Transformation Officers. Right-brained marketers used to rule the world, but today both sides of the brain are needed to lead marketing. Omni-channel real-time marketing masters who fully leverage MarTech are rising to the top of the “must recruit” list – and as John and David discuss, more and more of them are ascending to lead the firm as Presidents and CEOs. John and David also discuss how marketers rising in the ranks are fostering tight alignment with sales, and collaborating on adoption and use of a myriad of new technologies.
DemandGen Radio host David Lewis is joined by Kate Federhar, Manager of Marketing Operations at CenturyLink and 2016 Marketo Revvie winner for her leadership and orchestration of a massive marketing automation migration to two instances Marketo with over 5 Million contact records and thousands of assets and programs.
Kate and David discuss the importance of both aligning marketing with sales as well as the importance of sales enablement with tools and technologies.
Topics Discussed Include:
- Why sales alignment is so important and why it’s critical for success
- Kate’s techniques for winning over sales and becoming a true business partner
- The difference between sales alignment and enablement
- How sales enablement tools at CenturyLink are being used like Marketo Sales Insight